Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tip of the Day

I have always heard that you should never go to the grocery store when you're hungry. Well, I made the mistake today of going to Walmart to do my grocery shopping after I hadn't eaten anything all day!! (Other than a doughnut for breakfast) So at 5:30, my stomach is growling, I'm dizzy, shakey, and my mouth is watering at everything I see. My whole shopping experience happened in a fog and before I knew I was checking out. So......$150 later, I think the only complete meal I had in my cart were oero's and milk.

6 comments:

Sabra said...

Refer back to my blog post "Guilty Pleasures." You will see there that Oreos and milk really can be a meal!

Angela said...

MMmm. Good advice. Crazy how you can spend so much and get so little! Also a good tip: Eat dinner before you go to HFPE even if they say dinner is provided. Otherwise you'll eat half a pan of brownies when you get home ('cause it was really just samplings). :)

Anonymous said...

Nutritious and delicious! What more do you need? I think this goes right along with Reagan's bac'n'bits breakfast!!:)

Amber said...

Wait, so you are saying it is wrong of me to actually include Oreos and milk on our weekly dinner menu?

Amber said...

ps. Love the new layout!!

Anonymous said...

I thought of a huge sign that you are old.....MOM PANTS!!! I saw a lady wearing them the other day. I don't think it matters if you're 15 or 150; if you put on a pair of mom pants, you're OLD!